- 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
- 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Museum closed
- Opening times to confirm
Find out all practical information required to prepare your visit to the Civilians in wartime Memorial.
- People accompanying disabled or handicapped persons
- Children aged 10 up to 18
- All students
- Over 60s
Minimum 20 visitors (1 free admission for 20 paying people)
Minimum 15 pupils (1 leader free for 10 paying pupils)
2 adults and at least 1 child aged 10 to 25 (no limit on the number of childrens)
- Teachers preparing a visit
- People working in tourism
- Unemployed people
- Deportees, members of the Resistance, maquis, draft evaders
- Disabled ex-servicemen and war widows
- Local tourguide and interpreters for the Caisse Nationale des Monuments Historiques (National Office for Historical Monuments)
- Museum curators (or directors or press contact)
- Staff of museums in Normandy Historical Area, members of ICOM (International Council of Museums)
- Coach drivers accompanying a group
- Members of the American, Canadian and British support committees and their spouse
- Disabled people
- Children under 10 (accompanied by an adult)
- Wards of State
- All war veterans
(Falaise Civilians in wartime Memorial + Montormel Memorial)
(Falaise Civilians in wartime Memorial + Caen Memorial Museum)
Reduced rates: ID and written proof required
Rates (VAT included) until 31/12/2018
GPS N 48° 53' 37.508" - O 0° 12' 7.675"
Coming from Paris by the A13 take the exit number 11 « accès Suisse Normande » then exit number 13 Porte d’Espagne : accès Pays de Falaise)
Caen train station, Flers train station or Argentan train station
Line 35 Caen-Falaise : see schedule
Calvados Bus Verts number : +33 810 214 214
Portsmouth / Caen – Ouistreham with Brittany Ferries
All Paris international airports are the best way to get in Normandy within only 2 hours
Airports : Caen / Deauville – Company : Air France
Access and facilities for people with reduced mobility.
Mémorial des civils dans la guerre
Place Guillaume le Conquérant
02 31 06 06 45
Send us a message or contact us on social networks for further information.
For any reservation please call +332 31 06 06 45
In an atmosphere reminiscent of shops in the 1940s, visitors can browse among more than a thousand books about the Second World War and the Battle of Normandy. We also have a selection of souvenirs covering this period of history.
The book and gift shop is open during museum opening hours.